Become a Goulding SleepTalk® for Children Consultant or Trainer
Requires current membership of an appropriate, relevant health related professional association.
As a SleepTalk® Consultant you will be able to teach parents how to use the Goulding SleepTalk® Process with their own children, or use the technique with your clients’ children. A SleepTalk® Trainer can train others to be Consultants.
|Become a Consultant||Become a Trainer|
Acceptance into the 6 month guaranteed support programme to become a consultant is offered to professionals with qualifications and experience in an appropriate field of the ‘helping and healing professions’, e.g., Clinical Hypnotherapy, Health Care, Communication, Psychology, Education, Human Resources, Naturopathy or Counselling. The nature and depth of applicants’ formal qualifications will vary widely, so to ensure the absolute integrity of the program, a police report (or equivalent) will be required, even though the Goulding process does not require the Consultant to work directly with children.
The individual training is offered via SKYPE with sessions lasting approximately 2 hours at a time. It is self-paced and throughout the 6 months covers the equivalent of 3 practical days of training sessions within the 4 – 6 month time frame. During the structured discussions a minimum 24 hours of practical training is required which includes up to 120 nominal hours for assignments and case histories. However because of the specific requirements of individual participants being taken into account with the SKYPE training, this time frame may differ depending on specific circumstances. Participants are encouraged to commence their application of learnt skills immediately with case histories becoming part of their assessment structure.
Competency is assessed throughout the 6 month course and includes workshop participation and written project-based case history documentation. Graduate Consultant’s certification allows the holder of that award to establish their own Goulding SleepTalk® practice and can apply to be registered on the International SleepTalk® consultant’s website.
Consultants are required to accept and agree to be bound by the professional Ethical Standards and Code of Practice of The Goulding Institute.
On completion of the SleepTalk® training you will be able to:
- Analyse the framework of the Goulding SleepTalk® process.
- Discuss the rationale behind the use of the Goulding SleepTalk® process.
- Describe the basic considerations and assumptions of the Goulding SleepTalk® process.
- Identify, discuss and analyse the ‘Legacy Tree’.
- Discuss the therapeutic approach to resolving basic and primary issues and identifying brain wave frequencies:
- Identify different brain wave frequencies that occur throughout the sleeping cycle.
- Evaluate the relevancy and explain the Goulding ‘Top Hat’ theory.
- Discuss the ‘RAS’ relevant to different brain wave frequency.
- Develop a communication template objective.
- Assess the appropriateness and application of specific suggestions.
- Describe the ‘Foundation Process’.
- Evaluate the relevancy and analyse SleepTalk® feedback statements.
- Apply concepts and principles of waking suggestion and the rationale for presenting SleepTalk® each night.
- Outline a frame of reference which will provide the desired changes in behaviour.
- Distinguish appropriate suggestions.
- Formulate specific content of the ‘SleepTalk® Foundation’ script.
- Propose and implement a process which integrates desired changes of behaviour in a child.
- Formulate specific content of the ‘SleepTalk® Primary area on need’ script.
- Propose and implement a process which will provide desired changes of behaviour in a child.
Describe how psycho-nutrition affects the relationship between the body and the mind and its relevance to a child’s behaviour, levels of stress and/or anxiety.
- A training portfolio
- Training DVD
- Supporting documentation
- CD resources
Upon successful completion of the course and the receipt of all assignment requirements, a certification as an accredited Goulding SleepTalk™ for Children Consultant will be issued with an invitation to apply for your profile to be registered with the SleepTalk™ Consultant website.
Please complete and return the above application documentation. As soon as your application with payment details are received and accepted, I can organise your resources, arrange a starting date and commence the training. I look forward to hearing from you and the opportunity of working with you.
Creator and Author
Upon graduating as a Consultant, professional indemnity is available* in Australia and the UK. Contact us for details. *Conditions Apply
Accreditation and Membership:
An application to become a member of the International Association of Counselling Therapists (IACT) is available to registered members of the Goulding SleepTalk® International Register.
Dear Joane, what you have done in developing, putting together and presenting The Professional Goulding Process – SleepTalk for Children programme for consultants and trainers is an absolute phenomenon! I must say that this is the most holistic and powerful train the trainers’ programme I have ever experienced! We look forward to seeing you and the amazing Team at GI back in Singapore in 2017!
Hasnah Bte A. Rahman – SleepTalk® Accredited Trainer – Singapore
Dearest Joane, It was an absolute joy and pleasure to meet you and participate to this absolutely great SleepTalk training in Singapore last week. This experience has changed me and will stay with me forever! I feel so blessed to have been trained by you and Has, and met all those wonderful and different women along the way. I am now so motivated to take the next step for me but not only for me, for every and any family that would need help in using SleepTalk for Children, The Goulding Process. You can be assured that I will deliver your process to the best of my abilities and according to how you taught me, and will always protect this wonderful and so powerful parenting tool you have created and developed over the last 42 years. And I know that in any doubts or if I have questions I can always seek help with my wonderful and energetic trainer Has or yourself or any other trainers and consultants through the facebook page, which is very reassuring and empowering.
Warmly, Maguelonne Rousseau – SleepTalk® Intern – Singapore